For small businesses, organic creation of content can be difficult and time consuming.
It is possible for businesses to buy content for their websites.
Option 1 – Scripted
One example of content, where businesses are able to buy quality work is Scripted.
Scripted runs a vigorous process for its’ writers, offering a number of content to purchase.
- Sign up to a free, 1 month trial membership
- Place an order with chosen content
- Await the first draft
- Confirm any revisions
Scripted drafts can take five business days, with a maximum of seven days before the content is live
- Free 1 month membership
- Can communicate directly with writers
- Ideas can be pitched FROM writers
- Membership ranges from $149 to $1299 monthly
- Once a writer is approved, they remain in the network
- For the monthly option of unlimited words, this will cost $1299 a month.
Pricing: Scripted charges a premium price for articles that are not quality-moderated post access.
A free monthly trial is accessible, however after one month – a monthly membership fee of $149 is billed – which covers 10,000 words (content costs are not included in plans – these will be charged as extra). Unlimited words will cost $1299.
Many small businesses do not have expendable funds upon start-up, which Scripted may price them out of. However, there is an alternative.
Option 2 – ContentFly
ContentFly charges a flat monthly rate, accessing large pool of writers – quality is of the highest importance. A free, 14 day trial is offered.
- Sign up and post your first content brief through a robust dashboard.
- The ContentFly algorithm will connect the brief and the best writer for the job.
- The first draft can take 36 hours for a writer to submit. Afterwards, unlimited revisions are given.
- Contentfly is cheaper than Scripted – which gives businesses a lot of options to focus their spending into other channels.
- Purely a ghostwriting service, giving the credit to the business.
- Contentfly offers a minimum of 36 hours for content to be pitched, delivered and live (within weekdays).
- Quality Control. Writers must meet a minimum of 4 stars overall score. With well-researched articles, businesses can be certain that ContentFly is the best they can use to buy unique articles online.
- One of the few weaknesses Contentfly has is the lack of contact between business and writer. However, multiple revisions can be requested by a business, and as the service is completely for ghostwriting – minimal contact is normal.
Pricing: Made for all budgets – and is a very affordable option to buy content for websites.
A flat rate of $250 a month – with access to a highly skilled writer pool, royalty free images, and up to 4000 words of content.
Option 3 – hiring freelancer writers directly
- Contact made through platforms – job sites, forums, social media platforms
- Idea pitched to writer for content
- Proposed pricing option set
- Content submitted/revised if necessary
Due to the varying number of channels in which contact can be made – the process can vary, however the skeleton remains the same.
- Direct contact with writers
- Content is tailored exactly to the needs of the business
- Pricing can be negotiated and work ongoing
- Quality in work may be eccentric
- Rights to all works is solely that of the writer
- Pricing will vary based on experience/specializations
Pricing: Freelance writer rates can vary – Charging 25c per word, where some will work with packages and/or a higher word rate.
It is important, in this sense – for businesses to do their research to find a freelancer who can fit their budget.