For businesses to excel at content marketing, it’s essential to have a steady flow of content published on their websites. Having fresh content published regularly will assist with the search engine optimization of one’s domain, ultimately increasing the incoming traffic. Not only that, but it will also engage and encourage the audience to keep coming back.
Outsourcing is the best way to produce high-quality content on a regular basis without having to spend a large chunk of the marketing budget. Utilizing content writing platforms to outsource blog posts and articles can save a lot of time, money, and effort.
Hiring in-house writers can be costly and time-consuming, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. Think of the lengthy hiring process, high freelance rates, and other collateral that comes with employee onboarding.
That is why using a content writing platform to find high-quality writers is the way to go!
Favored by many as the go-to platform for affordable, high-quality content writers, ContentFly is a perfect option for small businesses and individuals to outsource content for their domains. Unlike other platforms, ContentFly has a monthly flat rate of $250 with 4000 words. That’s about $0.06 per word. For extra words, it is only an additional $0.07 per word.
- It includes a 14-day free trial to test the waters. No commitments or pressure.
- There is no need to search or interview writers. ContentFly takes care of that.
- All writers are native speakers based primarily in North America. That means that all content is guaranteed to be well written.
- Writers get ratings for every job and if they don’t maintain at least a 4 out of 5-star rating, they are removed from the pool.
- All research is included.
- Unlimited free revisions to ensure each article meets the business requirements.
- If the customer isn’t satisfied, they can cancel within 14 days (and 1500 words) for a full refund, no questions asked.
As for weaknesses, there aren’t any to pinpoint… but there is always room for improvement. ContentFly is still relatively new, but is definitely on the rise.
Specializing in SEO-friendly content at wholesale pricing, Compose.ly crafts content for everyone from small startups to major industry leaders. Like most platforms, Compose.ly charges per blog post based on the number of words. A blog post with 350-500 words starts at $64.95, which equals out to about $0.18-0.13 per word.
- They have a content cost calculator to determine the price of the article ahead of time.
- Articles are SEO-friendly.
- All writers are native speakers based in the US.
- A refund isn’t guaranteed if a customer isn’t satisfied.
- The cost can quickly add up, especially if articles are required on a regular basis.
Based on the costs, Compose.ly is recommended for clients with larger budgets—not so much for small businesses. With the higher cost and refund policy enforced, there is a higher risk involved.
A popular freelance marketplace, Fiverr has been a popular choice for lean entrepreneurs. Articles can start as low as $7 for 400-500 words depending on what the writers are offering for their services. That means businesses can outsource articles for as low as a penny a word!
- Affordable content.
- Large selection of writers to pick from.
- Low costs can come with low-quality content.
- Many of the writers aren’t native speakers.
- Customers have to search and scout for their own writers.
- Writers aren’t interviewed and scanned ahead of time.
- Orders aren’t always eligible for a refund.
Fiverr is great for lean startups in search of affordable content writers, but it can be a long and daunting task to search for the right writers and quality may not always be guaranteed.